Reapply while waitlisted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whiteout

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I need some insight on this: I am currently on the waitlist at 1 school from the 2010-2011 cycle. As I am preparing for the reapplication, I wonder how will this school think of me when they receive my primary for 2011-2012 cycle while knowing I'm on their waitlist? Will they think of me as being persistant? Or it gives them a better reason for not to accept me off the waitlist?

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

I am not sure about it either. I am also waitlisted at a school. Good luck!

Relax, only good can come of it. If they waitlisted you it means they are willing to have you as a student. Reapply early, show them you've done stuff since last cycle and get your acceptance.

Members don't see this ad :)
While it sucks to have to reapply and may end up being a big waste of money if you get accepted, at least start getting your application together. Work on adjusting your personal statement, updating/rewriting your activities section,warn your letter writters/advisor you might need them to resend letters, and request any transcripts that may have changed since last year as you will have to submit new ones if you recently graduated and have that last semester done, or took any additional coursework.

While submitting the app may be advantageous if done early, I personally held off until late July, and then submitted once I almost certainly knew I wouldn't be hearing back. There really is little difference in an app that is submitted June 1st and one submitted in July, but at least you will not feel as bad paying the primary fees if you at least weather the waitlist awhile. Most schools don't start reviewing until August or September, so being at the top of that initial stack versus the middle probably won't make much of a difference so early on. If the school you are talking about is LECOM though, you may want to submit right away since they start interviewing in July or something crazy like that.

i am in your exact same situation. im not sure how its gonna be viewed but im gonna do it anyways:rolleyes:

It only further demonstrates your commitment to the school and the profession. It won't hurt you.

Thanks everyone! I submitted my AACOMAS with that same school and just got verified... :eek:

I am already verified as well... SO excited... and Good luck to you!!

I was in that same position last year. I was waitlisted at LECOM. I submitted June 1st. I got their first interview in July, for classes starting this summer (while I was on their waitlist for last year). I never maid it off the waitlist, but got in from the interview. So my reapplication did not hurt me, and it got me a very early interview and acceptance.