• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

jeeney

Ross SVM c/o 2012
10+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2007
SoCal 626
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
so who's reapplying for the c/o 2012! everyone check in here! hehe i just wanted to see how many of us are going for the next round :laugh:

su_grad2007

Texas A&M 2015
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2006
TX
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinary Student
I am. I still have Texas A&M to hear from but since I won't have all the prerequisites done by the end of May I wouldn't be able to accept an offer if I got in.

mkata

Cornell CVM 2011
10+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinary Student
Call them...they might give you extra time...

About the Ads

FishHick

10+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinary Student
Well, unless I get in off a waitlist, I will be joining you. I am already thinking of ideas for my personal statement. :D

su_grad2007

Texas A&M 2015
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2006
TX
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinary Student
Call them...they might give you extra time...

I called and talked to them about it and they won't give me any extra time. And no deferment either were I to be accepted. I guess I understand. I'm sure there are plenty of well qualified people with all the prereqs finished that they could give offers to.

Hunypot

10+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
I also am going again...I am already trying to think of ways to strengthen the pkg.

Question: What do you guys think about working on an RVT licence in the interim, rather than returning to university to work on classes (to raise GPA, mine was sort of low)?

Apollo84

10+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Other Health Professions Student
Question: What do you guys think about working on an RVT licence in the interim, rather than returning to university to work on classes (to raise GPA, mine was sort of low)?
I think raising GPA will make much more of a difference. I am finding out this year that many schools are so rigid and unforgiving of a low GPA (which I also have) that it is the basis for the first cut-off. I will be taking classes this summer. I do have an RVT license, but I got the impression that this achievement is not that respected (even though I had to study for months to pass a fairly hard test to get my license but anyway...).

I am waiting to hear back from two longshot schools but it looks like I am also on the list for applying next year.

beaglegirl2

10+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
Count me in for round 2 !! I'm going for the post-mortem interview at OSU to find out what I need to work on for next application. Let's hang in together.

Question...If we submit our application to VCMAS in July, do the schools look at them as they come in or do they wait for the Oct 2 deadline to read all of them?

ri23

OSU CVM Class of 2011
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 28, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinary Student
Count me in for round 2 !! I'm going for the post-mortem interview at OSU to find out what I need to work on for next application. Let's hang in together.

Question...If we submit our application to VCMAS in July, do the schools look at them as they come in or do they wait for the Oct 2 deadline to read all of them?

As far as OSU is concerned, and I'm assuming you mean Ohio State, submitting the VCMAS in July won't really benefit you at all. I don't know anyone who received a supplemental before October 5th. Good luck with your consult, its usually with Dr. Sanders or Dr. Hunter and they are both very nice.

su_grad2007

Texas A&M 2015
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2006
TX
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinary Student

It really depends on if the school does rolling admissions or not. The ones that do rolling admissions I think look at them as they come in.

JIKJen124

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2005
Cincinnati
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinary Student
Michigan State is definitely rolling, and because of it they do 3 batches of interviews based on when you submit VMCAS. I know they do an October round for people who got their apps in really early, then a December batch for the pre-Sept. 15 people, and Feb. for Sept. 15 and the final deadline. I'm sure if you email them, they'l be glad to provide more specifics.

chipster

UPenn VMD class of 2011
10+ Year Member
Nov 5, 2006
Philadelphia, PA
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinary Student
when you reapply do people write a whole new personal statement? or do they just revise it and add in stuff about the past year. i understand if many years have passed between apps then the essay is going to be very different but what if its only been one year?

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.