Reapplying/LOR question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Drhappyface

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,

I'm a US DO who applied gas last year and failed to match. I ended up finding a transitional year program after the match and I'm currently getting ready to apply again. This time my focus will be on Neurology and also IM. I have LOR on ERAS application from last year and was wondering if they would be okay to use? I have heard that you should apply with letters that are recent so would letters that are a year old hurt me? I also plan on asking my PD at my program along with my neurology elective attending for a LOR so I would ideally only need one letter from last year. What do you guys think?