reapplying on secondaries...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

red dot

burning, burning
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering what the best way to answer a secondary would be, when you are asked if you have applied to so-and-so med school before and please explain in the lines given below.

I am applying this year for the first time but will also be applying to post-bacc programs, and to med schools again next year because of my gpa.

I am in the situation where I thought my gpa was higher until I realized it is different on AMCAS. and now I realize I should not have applied to a bunch of schools because I'd never get in.

I am worried that if and when I am presented the question again -- please explain -- that telling the stark-naked truth "because I messed up thinking my gpa was a tad better and didn't fill out your secondary when I figured it out" would be a bad idea.

how did you guys handle this or what would you guys do? thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Next year why not approach it from the positive and explain all the great things you've done over the past year to make yourself a better candidate? You realized your application was weak and took steps to shore it up (completed a post-bacc, volunteered, shadowed, worked in a clinic, performed research, etc.).