Reapplying: Post retake

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jcve34

Hic Sunt Leones
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I posted this on reddit too. But I just retook the MCAT and like everyone (usually) I feel like it went awful. I took a TPR course and my FL test scores were 500 tests 1-6 and 501, 504, 506 my last three tests the week before my exam. Regardless, I will continue to do the secondaries I've already received for both MD and DO schools. However, I am wondering how good of a shot I have if I do worse than my original 503.

Last year I applied late and got interviews at PNWU and CUSOM where I was denied post interview so this time I did a mock interview through my school to help prepare me.

Here are the highlights of my application.

MCAT: 503
GPA: 3.62
sGPA: both degrees 3.55

Degrees: B.S. Chemical Engineering, B.S. Biological Engineering

Shadowing: 45 hours with a DO (in a rural town), 40 hours with a MD

500 hours of coaching in CrossFit

Commissioned 2LT in the US Army with a lot of hours of leadership experiences through ROTC.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

I am from Washington. Reapplied to PNWU and CUSOM

And then I applied to 16 other schools just for DO alone.
Oklahoma and Michigan were the only "state" schools I applied to. Any schools in particular that you are thinking of It is more than likely that I probably I applied to them. I know I didn't apply to Marian and Lake Erie off the top of my head.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

You could include all these schools in your application. They are mainly schools where your MCAT is at or above the median for matriculants. I am assuming the new schools will have low MCAT medians as has been true for new schools in their first year or two.
ARCOM (new school)
ATSU-SOMA
ACOM
BCOM new school)
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
MU-COM
RVU-Utah (new school)
NYIT-Arkansas (new school)
UIWSOM (new school Texas)
You should receive several interviews from this list with your stats.