1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Reapplying question LORs

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by supraman, Dec 11, 2008.

1. supraman

supraman Boston Celtics
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Please tell me I don't have to get brand new ones? And if I don't do I have to recontact my adviser? What's the procedure? Although cycle not over, I am hoping for the best, and preparing for the worst.

2. Jake8

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Updated ones are suggested even if all you do is have your people print the same letter with a new date at the top. They will also want to see that you are active between cycles so a new letter helps there. When I was reapplying I went to my old professors who had wrote me my old ones and gave them an up to date resume. They tailored the old letter and added some more things in there. All in all it took him maybe 30 mins from my walking into his office to holding the sealed envelope in my hand (to hand into our school letter service)

3. supraman

supraman Boston Celtics
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I have a committee letter, a long thoroughly wrote out committee letter depicting a lot of information. I do not dare ask for another unless it is ABSOLUTELY required. I guess my question now is, can I still use an old letter?

4. TeamGuo

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental

yea new letter is not necessary.

But you still have a very good chance with your stats, wish you the best man.

Keep grinding.

5. Dentgirl09

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I feel you supra. I'm getting nervous as well.

Also, I REALLY have NO idea if its too late (maybe others can give input?).... But I see you haven't applied to detroit mercy?

I called them today and the lady said they only started last month mostly and will be setting up interviews through JUNE.

Maybe its worth a shot?

But ask around I guess?

6. cherr1pop

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    hoepfully the committe keeps a copy of the letter because the letters need to be resent to aadsas.

7. Albuterol

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    at my school for those who went through the committee its required they re-interview again and update the interviewer with what they have done since the last cycle to improve their application. might be different for your school...but bro why are u thinking so negatively..i'm sure you will get a few interviews and hopefully an acceptance before this cycle is over.

8. supraman

supraman Boston Celtics
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Thanks for replies guys, TeamGuo/Dentgirl09, I'm going day by day so we'll see!

Sup my man? This is the thing, according to my prehealth advisor there is a 100% acceptance rate to Dental School for the last 10 years or something. I don't know how accurate this is but it may be, since there are not more than 2 predents a year. I will wait it out I supposed then... I've been rejected from the more long-shot schools, but nothing from the close to my home schools (BU, Tufts). I'll keep my head up, but its hard lmao Thanks for the best wishes