reapplying: using a an old LOR?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mannythemanatee

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
would it be safe/okay to reuse a letter of recommendation i received last cycle? i know that it is possible to reuse LORs, but i dont know if it would be considered bad. My piano teacher wrote me a strong letter (or so i believe) last cycle. I know that schools keep old applications, but im not if they will look at previous LORs...I want to make sure they read my piano teachers letter (again)!

Members don't see this ad.

I am using the same LOR from science professors. However I am adding new LOR from dentists b/c I will be doing more shadowing this year. SO to answer your question... I guess you can use the same ones from the teachers, but for the dentists you should update since you did additional hours of shadowing. I hope this helps.

would it be safe/okay to reuse a letter of recommendation i received last cycle? i know that it is possible to reuse LORs, but i dont know if it would be considered bad. My piano teacher wrote me a strong letter (or so i believe) last cycle. I know that schools keep old applications, but im not if they will look at previous LORs...I want to make sure they read my piano teachers letter (again)!

I have a question for you guys that are reusing LORs. Did you get extra copies from your LOR writer and are planning on resending those? Or did you go and get that person to rewrite them for you.
I'm a little confused about this since I had my profs mail them sraight to aadsas and I don't want to go and ask them again to write a letter for me.
So I'm asking how you guys are resending your letters.

Thanks for your help

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a question for you guys that are reusing LORs. Did you get extra copies from your LOR writer and are planning on resending those? Or did you go and get that person to rewrite them for you.
I'm a little confused about this since I had my profs mail them sraight to aadsas and I don't want to go and ask them again to write a letter for me.

Thanks for your help

I'm interisted as well. Also for those of your re-applying what have you done that you think have improved your chances this time around?

Your college's health committee should keep a copy of the committee's letter that was send out. The committe at my college keeps it for five years. If you did NOT use your health committee LOR then you WILL have to ask for new LOR....

Thanks for your help

To improve your chances you can do research, do more volunteer work, do more shadowing, and retake the DAT.