Reapplying while on a waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sourdoughllama

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I am currently on two wait lists, and I'm planning on submitting my application again in a couple of days. My question is whether submitting an application to a school that you're waitlisted in decreases your chance of getting off that waitlist? Wouldn't they see that you're applying again and not give you a spot?
 
Hi all,

I am currently on two wait lists, and I'm planning on submitting my application again in a couple of days. My question is whether submitting an application to a school that you're waitlisted in decreases your chance of getting off that waitlist? Wouldn't they see that you're applying again and not give you a spot?
No. If there is a reason to pick you off the waitlist, the re-ap doesn't particularly hurt you.
 
I am in your same position. It's driving me nuts. My AACOMA ap is already out and verified. The AMCA ap will be submitted as soon as it isable to be on June 10th.

I dont think they will think anything less of you to reapply. I am reapplying to the two schools I am on the waitlist. Hopefully they will see it as persistence and commitment.

BTW this whole waiting game is driving me nuts. I would love to have an answer, any answer so that I can move on and make decisions.

Good luck to you in this next cycle.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am in your same position. It's driving me nuts. My AACOMA ap is already out and verified. The AMCA ap will be submitted as soon as it isable to be on June 10th.

I dont think they will think anything less of you to reapply. I am reapplying to the two schools I am on the waitlist. Hopefully they will see it as persistence and commitment.

BTW this whole waiting game is driving me nuts. I would love to have an answer, any answer so that I can move on and make decisions.

Good luck to you in this next cycle.

I'm in the same boat. I'm in the process of sending out my AACOMAS and AMCAS by this week, and on top of that I'm considering retaking my MCATS by the end of this month.
It sucks knowing that you may have a slight chance of getting off the waitlist but still, it's better to go through all of it than be sorry after.
Btw, I think I'm on the same waitlist as MedSchoolMama. Haha
 
The good thing is that with a reapplication you can fix things you probably did wrong the first time, so it's not all bad!