Reapplying with the Same PharmCAS Form/ID

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ChrisToePha

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Should I make a brand new form on PharmCAS or should I use my old one I did last year when I applied to pharmacy schools? The thing is on the old form, there are specific things I cannot delete like the "Institutions Attended", I have to add new schools again the same as before. A I better off just making off a new form, so schools do not see my previously filled out things? Not sure, but I think I am better off making a new form if I am correct.

Not sure what I should do, so I guess I'll ask on here and get some help thanks guys!
 
Pharmcas just added the ability to use their old application (without LORs) this cycle. This really depends on you.

Some schools love seeing second time applicants and improvements they have made on their applications. Did your old app gives you some interviews? if it did, I don't see the harm of using it again.

The schools you have attended will not change, so I dont see the problem with not being able to delete some old institution. I would just revive my old app and update it.

up to you. just my 2 cents.
 
The thing is, you CANNOT delete the institutions I put on the form last year, I have to write them in again, the EXACT same schools, and get a new transcript. So it just looks plain silly being there, twice on the form I submit. Not sure what to do, and yeah I got interviews, but I seeing the Institutions Attended on there twice looks plain silly, in my opinion not sure what to do still.

Thanks for the advice though The Recoverer
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The thing is, you CANNOT delete the institutions I put on the form last year, I have to write them in again, the EXACT same schools, and get a new transcript. So it just looks plain silly being there, twice on the form I submit. Not sure what to do, and yeah I got interviews, but I seeing the Institutions Attended on there twice looks plain silly, in my opinion not sure what to do still.

Thanks for the advice though The Recoverer

Hmm. I would assume since Pharmcas purposely tried it make it easier for applicants to revive their old application. They would have a way around this. Maybe call pharmcas Monday and speak with a representative.
 
I called this morning, there is NO way of deleting the Institutions Attended. I would have to remake one, if I wanted this to not appear anymore. I asked if it was possible and the representative said no it is not possible, unless I start a new form and e-mail.
 
Do you guys or The Recoverer think I am better off starting a new form or, using the same old one with information from last year that I cannot delete?
 
Do you guys or The Recoverer think I am better off starting a new form or, using the same old one with information from last year that I cannot delete?

I don't see why you would need to delete the older institutions in the first place? I mean, you DID attend those places, just add your new updated classes OTHER than classes you took at those institutions
 
But doesn't it look weird when I type in the institutions twice, like they board viewing applicants are going to see the school typed in twice, when I expected to graduate in 2016, and the same school again but this time I am expected to graduate in 2017.

The fact they see it twice is weird? or ok to the board selecting people to be enrolled into the next class.
 
But doesn't it look weird when I type in the institutions twice, like they board viewing applicants are going to see the school typed in twice, when I expected to graduate in 2016, and the same school again but this time I am expected to graduate in 2017.

The fact they see it twice is weird? or ok to the board selecting people to be enrolled into the next class.

I am so confused. Why would you need to type the same schools in again if they are ALREADY on file? All your old grades and transcipts and schools should be still on pharmcas, you dont need to add the school again if its already on there.
 
If I am understanding the OP's last response correctly, it sounds like they need to add the school again because their expected graduation date changed from what they had entered on the old application.
 
I am required to fill out the school Institution I am attending again because, I need to enroll another semester worth of classes, but in order to do that I have to re-enroll the school information of "Institutions Attended" again.
 
I am required to fill out the school Institution I am attending again because, I need to enroll another semester worth of classes, but in order to do that I have to re-enroll the school information of "Institutions Attended" again.

Then yes, start all over and feel much better knowing that it's correct. I'd probably do the same, and be able to sleep at night.
 
I guess, I'll be remaking then, just so confused why would they let you reuse your application when you can't delete things you submitted the year before.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad