Reapplying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentgrl2984

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have spoken with a few advisors regarding my app and what I could do to be a more competitive applicant....I am not sure what to do...GPA is avg with positive upward trend, retaking DAT and applying in June rather than September.....one advisor said the adcom will see u r a re-applicant and will look at both apps side by side and they better see a big change....so has anyone re-applied with the just a new DAT score and sooner complete date and been successful??? Also this advisor mentioned a 2 yr masters with thesis couldnt hurt but its not something she said I HAD to do, just that the adcom wants to see a big change next cycle. Thoughts??? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I think a better DAT and applying early can help a lot. Also, stay involved during the application process, continue to shadow and do ECs. Some schools will ask for updates during your interview or if you are waitlisted. If you ever do need a masters you don't need a two year, a one year non-thesis should suffice.