Reapplying??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LUC78

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does reapplying make a difference in the acceptance process when schools look at your application? Does it weaken your application?

I could also really use some advice on my situation:
I'm taking the OAT early January and would like to be able to apply this cycle. My GPA is currently a 3.3 and my science GPA is lower. I would rather apply now if it means I have a chance rather than waste an entire year.
Is it too late to apply for someone with stats like mine? Would it be better to just hold off a semester and apply at the start of summer next cycle?

Please answer all my questions and thank you so much in advance!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey!

I would suggest you to hold off on applying unless you're really sure you will do well on your OAT. Reapplying generally is not a problem but you have to write a secondary essay for most applications if you are reapplying to their program. Your GPA is on the lower end but if your OAT is stellar, it should offset that. However, that being said, January is pretty late to take the OAT as Optometry schools run on a rolling admissions basis.

Good luck!

Whats a recommended OAT score that I should be getting in order to offset my low gpa? Currently a 3.3 GPA and about a 3.0 science.