Reapplying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Teey09

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm reapplying this upcoming cycle and I was wondering if I should submit my personal statement i wrote last year or should I write a new one. I'm planning on applying to different schools than I did the first time around. So it will be the first time they'll be seeing my ps, but Im concerned they may run it through turinit in and redflag my essay. Any thoughts? :)

Members don't see this ad.

Put the effort into making a new one, who knows you might have come off negatively. It doesn't hurt to at least edit your PS and tweak some things. Especially if it was your first draft

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I agree with ^
Write a new one. It's possible you'll be flagged as "plagiarizing" from your first original statement- if they keep those. And writing a new one would give your application a different sense/vibe than it did your first cycle. You want to have an advantage this cycle.
Up your game.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Definitely a new one .. it's been 1 year, and that's a LONG time to "improve" :cigar: