Reapplying.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PBPL

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since this will be my first time re-applying... I'm not sure how this works..do I need to do a new personal statement and LOR? Should the LOR be from new professors? Also.. repeating DATs. Would you say it's okay to apply with old scores and say I'm retaking it in June for example.. ? Any help is greatly appreciated!! Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

You can use old scores within three years (for most schools)

get fresh LOR's and revise PS. Many of us are willing to read over PS's. Dont send it to anyone you don't trust or doesnt have a good reputation

You can use old scores within three years (for most schools)

get fresh LOR's and revise PS. Many of us are willing to read over PS's. Dont send it to anyone you don't trust or doesnt have a good reputation
Who would you recommend to check over person statement?

Members don't see this ad :)
Since this will be my first time re-applying... I'm not sure how this works..do I need to do a new personal statement and LOR? Should the LOR be from new professors? Also.. repeating DATs. Would you say it's okay to apply with old scores and say I'm retaking it in June for example.. ? Any help is greatly appreciated!! Thank you.

My steps for reapplying
- Decide, are you applying this next cycle or a future cycle? Assuming you mean this summer, keep reading
- Find out why you didn't get in this cycle. Seek feedback from schools as well as advisors, etc
- If the reason is your DAT score, make the retake your priority. If the reason is something other than DAT, do not retake.
- If the reason is GPA related, do not apply following cycle and do a post bacc or maybe masters
- If the reason is neither GPA nor DAT related, see if it has to do with activities. (volunteering, work experience, shadowing, etc)
- If the reason is not GPA, DAT, or experiences, it must be application/luck related.
- I always recommend rewriting the personal statement because I think we grow each year as a person and it would prob sound better.
- You can re-use letters if it is for immediate next application cycle. If you are waiting to apply another summer and not this one, you might want to get new recs
- BUT evaluate your recommendation letters. Were they quality? Did they help or hurt u get into school? Ik you cant always see but you should try to guess based on the people that wrote it for you and your relationship. Get new ones if you know people who could vouch for you better.

That was kind of unorganized but i hope it helped. Ik reapplying sucks and is often demotivating. Been through it myself. If its meant to be, it will happen. If not, i guarantee you will find something else worthwhile. Goodluck

Reactions: 1 users
My steps for reapplying
- Decide, are you applying this next cycle or a future cycle? Assuming you mean this summer, keep reading
- Find out why you didn't get in this cycle. Seek feedback from schools as well as advisors, etc
- If the reason is your DAT score, make the retake your priority. If the reason is something other than DAT, do not retake.
- If the reason is GPA related, do not apply following cycle and do a post bacc or maybe masters
- If the reason is neither GPA nor DAT related, see if it has to do with activities. (volunteering, work experience, shadowing, etc)
- If the reason is not GPA, DAT, or experiences, it must be application/luck related.
- I always recommend rewriting the personal statement because I think we grow each year as a person and it would prob sound better.
- You can re-use letters if it is for immediate next application cycle. If you are waiting to apply another summer and not this one, you might want to get new recs
- BUT evaluate your recommendation letters. Were they quality? Did they help or hurt u get into school? Ik you cant always see but you should try to guess based on the people that wrote it for you and your relationship. Get new ones if you know people who could vouch for you better.

That was kind of unorganized but i hope it helped. Ik reapplying sucks and is often demotivating. Been through it myself. If its meant to be, it will happen. If not, i guarantee you will find something else worthwhile. Goodluck
That was very helpful! I appreciate it. I'm almost 1000% sure it was my DAT as I didn't score as well as I should have. I will apply with the old scores and will retake in middle of June or sooner. Depending on my work and study schedule. I'm finishing my BS in may. So I might ask other professors for LOR. I'm not sure I can look at the letters since they went thru my pre health office. So since I'm graduating where would is store the new LOR and how would I submit them to schools?

Who would you recommend to check over person statement?
usually at the beginning of the cycle somone creates a thread of PS readers

Reactions: 1 user