Reapplying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dr.rex

rexadactyl nights
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know no one wants to think about this yet but I was trying to figure it all out when I was laying in bed the other night. Saying that you get interviews the first this cycle and you dont get in but are waitlisted. There is a chance that you may get accepted well after aadsas opens up for the 2008 cycle. Your next cycle you want to be more competative, so being early is something that you need to do, but you could do all the work of applying again spend the money then get accepted off a waitlist the week after you submit for the next cycle. Not only are you taking the chance of losing all that money but you have to go to all the trouble of getting new LORs possibly take the DAT again and probably apply and hope to get accepted to a post bacc or one year masters. This all seems crazy to me how is anyone supposed to accomplish all of this while finishing undergrad?

Members don't see this ad.

Getting new LORs would definitely be the worst part about it for me; i don't like to think about it

I am exactly thinking what you are thinking. If I loose this year, I will write a congratulation note to all the people who worked hard and deserve it then I have to plan stategies to fill my weaknesses in order to reapply next year. I am not a quiter. This will be a sign to tell me that I am not good enough YET and I have to try harder. But Let's see what happens.