Reapplying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

QuackDentist

I'm your ugly duckling.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please don't kill me if this has been posted before.

Do you guys think that the odds of getting into a dental school is better for a reapplicant? Please explain.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Please don't kill me if this has been posted before.

Do you guys think that the odds of getting into a dental school is better for a reapplicant? Please explain.

Thanks.

First off, yes I do like ducks.

To the question it depends on the applicant. I got in my second time around. I gained more dental experience, participated in more community service activities and took the DAT again (doing much better). Schools like to see that you didnt get discouraged after not getting in the first time but you must look at weaknesses in your application and improve them. It is not fun wasting time and money with dental school applications and the wait for interviews and acceptances really sucks. Good luck quack.

First off, yes I do like ducks.

To the question it depends on the applicant. I got in my second time around. I gained more dental experience, participated in more community service activities and took the DAT again (doing much better). Schools like to see that you didnt get discouraged after not getting in the first time but you must look at weaknesses in your application and improve them. It is not fun wasting time and money with dental school applications and the wait for interviews and acceptances really sucks. Good luck quack.

Thanks. I improved my GPA, added more shadow hours, and a lot more extracurriculars. I am still deciding on whether or not I will retake my DAT (21/20/17). BTW, were you at Pacific Pride Day, I was there!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks. I improved my GPA, added more shadow hours, and a lot more extracurriculars. I am still deciding on whether or not I will retake my DAT (21/20/17). BTW, were you at Pacific Pride Day, I was there!

I actually wasnt at Pacific Pride Day, although I really wanted to go. Sounds like everyone had a good time. Nice job with improving your application and your DAT looks pretty good. It will definitely help your application to show that you dedicated yourself to getting into dental school.

I actually wasnt at Pacific Pride Day, although I really wanted to go. Sounds like everyone had a good time. Nice job with improving your application and your DAT looks pretty good. It will definitely help your application to show that you dedicated yourself to getting into dental school.

It was fun seeing armorshell... although I have to admit that I was sooo spazzy and nervous around him. I didn't wanna say hi cuz I was scared. I just ended up pulling his sleeve and saying "Hi. I'm quackdentist." And he goes, "Hahaha. yeah, I know."

:p Cool guy!

It was fun seeing armorshell... although I have to admit that I was sooo spazzy and nervous around him. I didn't wanna say hi cuz I was scared. I just ended up pulling his sleeve and saying "Hi. I'm quackdentist." And he goes, "Hahaha. yeah, I know."

:p Cool guy!

Yeah he can read minds and many are convinced he is a god. Me...Im not so sure.

Yeah he can read minds and many are convinced he is a god. Me...Im not so sure.

Oh no. He's not God. You are so lucky to be in UOP's class of 2010. I know a couple of people going (including 4thqtrdreams) and they are all awesome.

Hey this is to whom got into UOP class of 2010. Does that mean you are in a three year program? And what were your stats if you dont mind me asking. Im considering to re-apply and to that school..