Reapplying

Started by FIREitUP
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

FIREitUP

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Despite having multiple interviews, I have yet to secure a position in a medical school next year. I am certain that one thing that has held me back is my interview ability, although I always studied the schools before-hand, etc. It just seems that I really need to hone my skills.

My stats are:
Anthro Major
3.8 cum/ 3.73 Sci
33N MCAT
3 Yrs Volunteer Firefighter/EMT
100hrs ER Volunteer
2 Years Research Assistant

In the mean time, I have been a clinical research assistant (will have ~100 hrs probably), I am shadowing a physician, I am taking a biochem course, and I am teaching an MCAT course.

Do you guys suggest reapplying and just making sure to improve on my interview skills? Must I change my PS if I think it's great?

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.
 
Start reading the NYT & WSJ health sections online everyday so that you're aware & conversant of what physicians in practice deal with.