Reasonable school list advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sha15

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys;

I am a masters student in pharmaceutical sciences and applying now. My primary should be verified any day now.

-3.91 undergrad GPA in microbiology, minor chemistry (3.88 bcpm)

-MCAT - 30Q (10,9,11)

-3.54 graduate GPA (13 credit hours only)
Submitting 1st author review article this month, but probably won't have a research article published until spring

-extracurriculars are standard to above average

Looking for schools to apply for outside of my state school; any input is appreciated

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys;

I am a masters student in pharmaceutical sciences and applying now. My primary should be verified any day now.

-MCAT - 30Q (10,9,11)

Submitting 1st author review article this month, but probably won't have a research article published until spring

Looking for schools to apply for outside of my state school; any input is appreciated

Thanks
With a 3.91/30 (fortunately a masters GPA isn't much regarded) schools you might consider to see if they "fit" your ECs that have a decent OOS matriculation rate:

Rochester, MCW, Miami, Einstein, SUNY Downstate, UMaryland, Loma Linda (requires lifestyle contact), Georgetown, UConn, Loyola, Stony Brook,
UKentucky, UWisc, Rush, Tufts, Cincinnati, Jefferson, Keck, FIU (13% OOS, but expected to rise), Virginia Tech (newer), Temple, Colorado (prefers 500 hr clinical&nontrads), Albany, GWU,
Toledo, Wake, Creighton (no CC credit for prereqs), Nebraska, LSU-NO, NYMC, Vermont, Hofstra (new)
Wright, Drexel, FAU, Tulane, MSU (high OOS tuition), Oakland (new in MI), Penn State (requires a research thesis), Commonwealth in Pa (seeks to train rural NE PA docs), Arizona X 2

Hey guys;

-MCAT - 30Q (10,9,11)

Thanks

I'm a Canadian applicant with similar stats. The schools I've applied to are quite OOS friendly and include Einstein, Boston, George Washington, Jefferson, MCW, MSU, Penn State, Rosalind Franklin, SLU, SUNY Upstate, and Wayne State

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry if this is a stupid question, and sorry to detour from the OP's question, but do private schools take into account your residency? IE, does OOS/IS matter to schools like Rochester, Wake, etc that you listed?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, and sorry to detour from the OP's question, but do private schools take into account your residency? IE, does OOS/IS matter to schools like Rochester, Wake, etc that you listed?

Most of the time private schools do not care about IS/OOS because they don't receive state funding, they just want the most qualified applicants

Alright thanks everyone. I'll look into it