Reasons for applying to ________ Medical School?

Started by whykiki
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

whykiki

Friends call me kiki!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everybody!

Now, I'm expecting plenty of sarcastic responses to this thread so bring em on! 😉 I find that out of the many crappy replies from ppl, there are always a few that are golden.

So, for schools that ask you in their secondaries, "what are your reasons for applying to this school", will talking about location and curriculum cover enough bases?

Is it safe to also talk about the school's reputation and prestige? What else can you mention?


Thanks a bundle!
 
i am applying here because your school has lower stats and i feel competetive. I dont think they want to hear this real reason. If only honest was the best policy.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
from my experience over the past few months, each school is in love with the idea that they are unique and take pride in their "special" programs (that every other school may or may not offer). write about these.
 
The real reason I'm applying here? I know I can get in... (lower stats, in state, etc)

The BS reasons? Location (in state), the legacy such and such school has left behind in the area (anytime I tell people i'm going pre-med they always say.. oh, so you're going to ____?), the "special" programs...

I've always been a good BS-er 😉
 
The real reason I'm applying here? I know I can get in... (lower stats, in state, etc)

The BS reasons? Location (in state), the legacy such and such school has left behind in the area (anytime I tell people i'm going pre-med they always say.. oh, so you're going to ____?), the "special" programs...

I've always been a good BS-er 😉

Me too!! 😀

That's how I got through several philosophy classes without ever studying. Philosophy can be easy to BS, because anything goes as long as you have some semi-logical argument and write in coherent and complete sentences.

Now, if only that worked in chemistry exams....😴