Reasons for your specific interest in each school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medical22

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Almost all applications ask you to write about the reasons you are interested in attending that medical school. Did you write the same thing for each? Can you please tell me how you answered those questions? If it's optional, should I still answer it. It would probably be better than leaving it blank, right?

Members don't see this ad.

i think it worked better for me to find what i found unique about that particular school, whether it was curriculum, location, etc. because that shows what stands out in my mind about the school. and i think writing something if it's optional is probably better, since it shows a direct interest in the school.

Originally posted by medical22:
•Almost all applications ask you to write about the reasons you are interested in attending that medical school. Did you write the same thing for each? Can you please tell me how you answered those questions?•
Honestly, I have a pretty formulaic answer for that. I can find good points about any school, like the curriculum, the research opportunities, the clinical facilities, etc. I make myslef sound very interested, which may be somewhat of an exaggeration. However, I've only returned secondaries to about half the schools I applied to, which correspond to the ones I want to go to more than the others.