rec letter question!!

Started by zurned
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

zurned

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, my university has a pre-health committee and they are submitting a committee letter. But I had to submit to them letters from my professors to help them in writing the letter. My question is that on the secondaries, do I need to fill in the spaces that asks for names of recommenders that are not in the committe. Im confused because all my secondaries so far asks if my recs are from committees OR professors. But what do I do if its the professors' letters that help the committe write one?
 
if the committee writes a letter, you do not add individual recommendations to the app (i.e., you don't put down the professors, etc. that sent letters to the committee)

that's more for people that don't have committees, are in grad school, aren't in school at all, etc.

school's prefer the committee letter...some schools allow you to send extra letters, some ignore any extra letters
 
zurned said:
Hi, my university has a pre-health committee and they are submitting a committee letter. But I had to submit to them letters from my professors to help them in writing the letter. My question is that on the secondaries, do I need to fill in the spaces that asks for names of recommenders that are not in the committe. Im confused because all my secondaries so far asks if my recs are from committees OR professors. But what do I do if its the professors' letters that help the committe write one?
I'm in the same situation, and I'm just listing the committee.