Letter of Recommendation didn't have official letterhead

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

komostase

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I emailed Cornell because I hadn't gotten a secondary from them yet, and they told me that my primary was incomplete because one of my LORs didn't have an official letterhead. The issue is, I already submitted this letter to basically every other school on my list. I'm worried that if I don't resubmit the new letter then they will disregard the first because there's no official letterhead, but also I’m worried that submitting the new version could put me over the LOR limits some schools have, making it look like I didn’t follow their instructions. What should I do?

The original LOR name was [Name] LOR, the new one is [Name Updated] LOR, if that helps.

Worst case scenario I will email every single school explaining this

edit: I shoulda just read the FAQ on AMCAS oops

Letters of Evaluation: Postsubmission​

Can I change my letter information after my application has been submitted to the AMCAS program?

You may add a new letter after your application has been submitted, but you cannot delete or change existing letter entries.

However, your letter writer can update the actual letter document linked to a letter entry by uploading a new version of the letter using the same Request ID number as the original entry. Medical schools will be able to review the most recent version of the letter. These updates may be necessary if your letter writer needs to make a change to your letter, or if the original letter was not signed or on official letterhead. Do not make a new letter entry in your application for an updated letter.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.