Quantcast

receeding gum?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ufblondi

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
is that even what it is called?!? Anyways..I am starting to get scared...how bad is this? I had a really bad bite (only 1 back tooth touched) and currently have braces to fix some of the problems..but now I am worried about my gum line. I am afraid that if my gum pulls back any farther that my tooth is going to fall out! What can I do to help my gums?! My ortho gave me phos-flur-gel....is this helping or making it worse?! Could my braces/teeth shifting be causing some of the problem?

ufblondi said:
is that even what it is called?!? Anyways..I am starting to get scared...how bad is this? I had a really bad bite (only 1 back tooth touched) and currently have braces to fix some of the problems..but now I am worried about my gum line. I am afraid that if my gum pulls back any farther that my tooth is going to fall out! What can I do to help my gums?! My ortho gave me phos-flur-gel....is this helping or making it worse?! Could my braces/teeth shifting be causing some of the problem?

my advice is ask your general dentist or your orthodontist. It's hard to know exactly what's going on without clinical examination or radiographs or knowing what treatment plan your orthodontist has for you.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.