Recent AI advancement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YourMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

What do you think?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:

What you do you think?

Love it....it's only going to augment my work, increasing efficiency. Undoubtably more scans will be done in the future, as more clinicians are reliant on imagine studies to accurately diagnose/treat their patients.

As baby boomers get older, and cancers becoming less of a terminal disease, but rather a managed disease (immunotherapies) - this will subsequently lead to increased need for restaging. Things like cardiac imaging and other new imaging utilization techniques are just starting to take off, so if AI is implemented appropriately.....I think it will help us tremendously to improve radiology as we know it. We currently at the cusp of dignostic radiology explosion, and I for one think counting pulmonary nodules would be best served by an AI, while interpretation is best served by radiologist - that's in reality what's we are getting paid for. It is definitely an intresting conversion, with varying opinions.

Reactions: 1 user