recent interest in PM&R. suggestions please.

Started by diya1114
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

diya1114

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have been interested in PM&R in past 2 yrs, after a PM&R physician took care of me when I was injured and disabled for short term after MVA. and the more I read about PM&R, the more my interest grows. I really like that there are so many management options for patients who are disabled for short term and long term. I have also seen a stroke patient , do great while they are taken care of by PM&R. I also worked with pain specialist in rotation during my FM residency. I have completed 1 yr 4 months in FM residency. I have very less experience working with PM&R. I would like to rotate in PM&R rotation and see if I can start a career life in this direction . Any suggestions. any recommendations where I can apply for rotation or observeship or externship?
 
I have been interested in PM&R in past 2 yrs, after a PM&R physician took care of me when I was injured and disabled for short term after MVA. and the more I read about PM&R, the more my interest grows. I really like that there are so many management options for patients who are disabled for short term and long term. I have also seen a stroke patient , do great while they are taken care of by PM&R. I also worked with pain specialist in rotation during my FM residency. I have completed 1 yr 4 months in FM residency. I have very less experience working with PM&R. I would like to rotate in PM&R rotation and see if I can start a career life in this direction . Any suggestions. any recommendations where I can apply for rotation or observeship or externship?

Start with your PD and dept chair. I there a program nearby to rotate through? Some of the "top tier" programs do allow shadowing/rotations from externs.