Recent Jefferson News?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RinaBe

hello hello
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anybody heard back this week who interviewed on January 10th? I thought we could start getting calls on Wednesday.. but nobody has posted yet.

Also, does anyone remember when and how we will be notified if we're on hold?

Members don't see this ad.

i also interviewed on the 10th and haven't heard anything...my friend also interviewed on the 10th and hasn't heard anything as well...i'd assume that if you were put on hold, you'd receive an e-mail

I just got an interview out of the blue from Jefferson, but that's not relevant to what you guys are asking...

Members don't see this ad :)
I was interviewed on the 17th. I was hoping to get some news on Wednesday, but I didn't hear anything either.

I interviewed on 1/17. Got The acceptance call on Wednesday 1/24. They must of really wanted me!

Hi everyone! I interviewed on the 10th of jan. and was accepted via snail mail this past Tuesday. My dad got the letter and it was THIN, so he called and pretty much told me I got the big reject (especially since I was under the impression that the dean personally called all the folks that got an acceptance, at least that's what a few Jefferson students told me they were notified). Anyway, check those mailboxes and don't worry that your phone isn't ringing - mine certainly didn't but I still got great news :)

I just got an interview out of the blue from Jefferson, but that's not relevant to what you guys are asking...

Hey Johnnydrama. When were you complete?

Has your status page changed to reflect your acceptance? Congratulations everyone.

No, my status page was the same except it stated I had attended the interview, thats all. I am pretty sure the school calls everyone they accept, or at least attempts to. They said their turnaround was about 2 weeks, so call if that 2 week mark passes.

No, my status page was the same except it stated I had attended the interview, thats all. I am pretty sure the school calls everyone they accept, or at least attempts to. They said their turnaround was about 2 weeks, so call if that 2 week mark passes.

I got my acceptance exactly 2 weeks later. They called on a wednesday evening. A postcard sized acceptance letter came a bit later. (just got some housing info from them today)

but good luck guys... I really want to see some action on the Jeff class of '11 thread I started.

I interviewed Jan 3 and got a call Jan 10 around 4:30. They said that if you are accepted, you will receive a call after they meet (each Wednesday from 12-2). Your formal acceptance is literally the size of a post card and also has a return card for your deposit. You shouldn't expect anything huge in the mail. Good luck to everyone!!

I interviewed on the 10th and got a call on the 17th. The thin, square "invitation" came in the mail about a week-ish later.

I'm hoping too! I interviewed Jan 17th and haven't heard yet, but my interviewer told me he might be out of town this week. I would wait two weeks to hear after your interview and then give me them a call... Good luck everyone!! I hope I get to join your thread Maestro!

Members don't see this ad :)

Umm ... what do you mean "out of the blue?" You did apply there, didn't you?

I interviewed on 1/17. Got The acceptance call on Wednesday 1/24. They must of really wanted me!

Oh please! It's not at all unusual for people to hear back that quickly. Lots of people have heard back that quickly. Take two aspirin to help relieve the swelling in your head.

koennen you must be in a bad mood.

I hear ya. Actually, i guess everyone here understands haha.

Oh please! It's not at all unusual for people to hear back that quickly. Lots of people have heard back that quickly. Take two aspirin to help relieve the swelling in your head.

lol :laugh: so not nice

Well guys, it's official. I've been waitlisted. I'm feeling kinda crappy about it, but what can I do. Does anyone know when people start getting accepted off the waitlist? Do I have to wait until May?

Hey Alyani, sorry to hear that. When did you interview and how did they notify you? I hope you hear good news eventually.. Dr. Callahan said they like it when applicants send them e-mails indicating interest in the school, so maybe you can try to bug them weekly until they come to their senses.

Edit: I looked up and noticed that you were there on the 17th. They got back pretty fast. Did you get a letter in the mail? Or e-mail?

Well guys, it's official. I've been waitlisted. I'm feeling kinda crappy about it, but what can I do. Does anyone know when people start getting accepted off the waitlist? Do I have to wait until May?

hey alyani...sorry to hear that...was it a specific wait-list? Like a "high priority" one? Unfortunately I don't know how the wait-list system works at Jefferson...I'm in the same boat though...

I got a letter in the mail. It was thin. The letter was dated 1/24, was mailed 1/26, and I just got it today. It just had a short paragraph about how they were really impressed with me blah blah and that they have a lot of highly qualified applicants with a limited number of spots blah blah blah.

hey alyani...sorry to hear that...was it a specific wait-list? Like a "high priority" one? Unfortunately I don't know how the wait-list system works at Jefferson...I'm in the same boat though...

They said I was "High Priority," but I'm cynical. I don't buy it.

That's a bummer you guys. I'll let you know tomorrow if I get the same letter in the mail. It did seem like the Jeff waitlist was an active one though, so all hope is not lost.

They said I was "High Priority," but I'm cynical. I don't buy it.

Don't be so pessimistic. There are lots of people in my class who got in off the waitlist. I know of people who got off the waitlist the day before orientation. (No, the info isn't broadcast - these people told me.) They traditionally have brisk waitlist movement at JMC. I'd definitely email Dr. Callahan, tell her what a nice time you had here, etc, etc, and how you're still very interested in Jefferson, etc, etc. Wouldn't hurt.

Hey, I'll be applying to Jeff this summer and was hoping you guys could share ur stats or something. I'm comming from Delaware and go to UD. Anyone from UD? Thanks.

hey all--

interviewed on the 10th and also got into the "high priority" pool. Just got the letter today though (california kid)

Ahh at least I'm accepted other places, and it seems that the waitlist moves fast at Jefferson

Anybody else waiting on Jeff today? I interviewed two weeks ago, but no phone call or letter yet.

Hey guys...
I just got the call from the dean! My top choice....I'm soo happy.

Time to change your sig ;) That's great news, congrats! When was your interview?

I interviewed 1/17 and just the "good news" call from Dr. Callahan today - so excited - my top choice!!

Keep your hopes up everyone who is waitlisted - and keep emailing Dr. Callahan to show your interest!

thankkkss..
i interviewed on the 24th, only a week ago so i was completely shocked at the call. good luck guys--- and remember, they said that 1/4 of the class this year came from the waitlist.
yes...changing my signature

I'm always confused when people wonder how Dr. Callaghan is so nice/friendly all the time. Every week she gets to make phone calls to strangers and basically make their lives. Talk about emotional uplift.

Hey, congratulations to everyone who recently got the life-altering phone call from Dr. Callahan. I'm incredibly excited and I can't wait to meet all of you in August!

Someone started a Jefferson Class of 2011 thread under the medical students forums. Stop by to introduce yourself and share your excitement about going to Jeff. It'll be a good place to share information about Philly, Jeff, apartments, etc. over the coming months.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=359504

Hey, congratulations to everyone who recently got the life-altering phone call from Dr. Callahan. I'm incredibly excited and I can't wait to meet all of you in August!

Someone started a Jefferson Class of 2011 thread under the medical students forums. Stop by to introduce yourself and share your excitement about going to Jeff. It'll be a good place to share information about Philly, Jeff, apartments, etc. over the coming months.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=359504

yay, people are FINALLY using my thread.

As for Dr. Callahan, the fact that she stuck around post-interview to do her best to meet people afterwards, was quite a nice surprise and something I haven't seen from any of the other admissions directors at other interviews... probably helped too that I got to bring up that I was from Michigan (as is she) though despite the fact that my hometown is only a few minutes away from hers, she had never heard of it... oh well.

Has anyone who interviewed on Jan 17th still not heard back? It's gonna be three weeks for me this Wednesday. Dr. Callahan did say that it could sometimes take three weeks to make a decision. I really wanna hear back soon!

Has anyone who interviewed on Jan 17th still not heard back? It's gonna be three weeks for me this Wednesday. Dr. Callahan did say that it could sometimes take three weeks to make a decision. I really wanna hear back soon!

If you don't hear back this week, you should call or email Dr. Callahan.

Approx how many people interview in a given day at Jeff?

This is an unrelated question - so I apologize,but I figured that you all would know the answer.

Approx how many people interview in a given day at Jeff?

This is an unrelated question - so I apologize,but I figured that you all would know the answer.

30-40

i'd say that between 20-40 is accurate. Also Jeff only interviews on Wednesday, which is why there are so many people there on a given day.

G'luck all!

Thanks Alyani, I'm definitely going to call or e-mail if I don't hear anything this Wednesday.

As for number of interviewees, I'd say we had at least 20-25 on my day. It is by far the largest interview group I've had out of the schools where I've interviewed.