Recent Uptick in Wanted Classifieds for Optoms?

Started by qwopty99
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

qwopty99

Optometrist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In my jurisdiction here in Canada, I get the sense that I'm seeing a lot of want ads for optometrists in all parts of the province. I'm seeing some postings going unfilled for months. There may be a reason for it as back in 2021, there was a job action for increased pay from the Ministry of Health, which caused a backlog for exams once the job action was ended. But now we're going into 2023 and I'm still seeing an unprecedented amount of wanted ads. Is it just here, or are other places saturated?
 
I'm going to guess part of it has to do with the pandemic causing a lot of the baby boomers to retire early.