Recent USC Interviewee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

farmerjo3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I recently attended my interview at USC. Since then, I've got a status update: "Please check back on December 1 for more information regarding your decision status with this school". Is this a good sign for USC? Did anyone else receive this?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, I recently attended my interview at USC. Since then, I've got a status update: "Please check back on December 1 for more information regarding your decision status with this school". Is this a good sign for USC? Did anyone else receive this?

Sorry I can't answer your question but I hope that's not a good sign because I heard that everybody who got the interview will get waitlisted right after interview is done. So I assume that that's the kind of waitlisted sign.

Can you expalin detail about the interview ? please? you can PM me or write it here ?

I have interview next week at USC and I have no idea how the interview at USC is like.

Thanks and hope we all get accepted

Mine says the same thing. I think they mentioned that it is sort of a place holder until Dec 3 when they can update the status to an official decision like "Offer made" or "Waitlist/Alternate." They wont reject, from what I understand everyone who interviews is at the very least waitlisted until the class is full. This is what I gathered from my interview a few weeks ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine says the same thing. I think they mentioned that it is sort of a place holder until Dec 3 when they can update the status to an official decision like "Offer made" or "Waitlist/Alternate." They wont reject, from what I understand everyone who interviews is at the very least waitlisted until the class is full. This is what I gathered from my interview a few weeks ago.

anyone of you want to decribe about the interview session at USC ?

it will be very appreciated !

anyone of you want to decribe about the interview session at USC ?

it will be very appreciated !

The day's events in order of occurrence: Tour, intro to USC, break, financial aid overview, lunch, Q&A session with students, Practice PBL, writing sample.

There is no need to prepare, everything you need to know for the PBL session is covered multiple times before you actually do it.

The day's events in order of occurrence: Tour, intro to USC, break, financial aid overview, lunch, Q&A session with students, Practice PBL, writing sample.

There is no need to prepare, everything you need to know for the PBL session is covered multiple times before you actually do it.

Writing !!?? :(

How long is Q&A + PBL section ?

can someone expand on the writing sample?

At the beginning of the day you get a folder. Hidden within this folder is a piece of paper with a writing prompt. If you are smart you find this paper and are able to think about what to write all day. Everyone I talked to had something different. You get 15 minutes to write like 2/3 of a page by hand. The questions were simple, and of the "where do you see yourself in ten years?" variety.