Recert exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gungho

gungho
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm up for Recert exam this spring (hopefully the last test i will ever take in my life-except maybe driver's license). I've read couple things on here that I shouldn't sweat passing it, but I'd be curious for any input on suggestions for exam prep. I read a review on Amazon for one of the sample question book that it wasn't very helpful for the recert exam. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

The ABPath website has a list of the topics for each question in the modules (or at least they did last year). Some of them are very specific, some of them are vague. But if you review those topics you shouldn't have trouble. Typically the pass rate is 100%. When you consider the fact that 100% means that the worst resident in every program (who still managed to pass the boards) also passed, it gives one confidence.

use the study guide, literally just print it out and outline out every single element, done. just takes time. yah it sucks, I know.