Recert

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Ice

Attending
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Taking in a few weeks. Anyone have any words of wisdom?

Members don't see this ad.

ha! i'm taking also. doing AAPMR QBank and reading cuccurullo/PM&R Pocketpedia. i'm taking the pain recert 6 days later..... SUCKS!
I took in Feb, Just did Pocketpedia and Old SAE. Look at the passing percentage of previous years. Just appear for the test and you will pass.

Members don't see this ad :)
it only takes about 2 and a half hours, so plan round of golf or something for the afternoon.

its really not that big of a deal. i didnt really study more than an hour or so. dont review any musculoskeletal stuff. refamialirize with the ASIA scale and stroke rehab. everything else, you can just wing it.

Reactions: 1 user
yeah, i guess reviewing electrodiagnostics if you dont do EMGs would be a good idea

yeah, i guess reviewing electrodiagnostics if you dont do EMGs would be a good idea
Thanks for the replies. I guess I’m just wondering how detailed the exam is. Like am I going to need to know the inheritance pattern of dejerine sottas? Or do they give you a vignette or CTS and ask you what it is?

Thanks for the replies. I guess I’m just wondering how detailed the exam is. Like am I going to need to know the inheritance pattern of dejerine sottas? Or do they give you a vignette or CTS and ask you what it is?

mostly vignettes. after taking the test, i really didnt think that if i had studied more, it would have made a difference.

Taking this in Feb. I'm planning on using Pocketpedia and Google and the 100 released questions. And maybe a question bank like board vitals. These tests stress me out...

Just took this am. Stupid test. Doesn’t really test anything if you ask me. Focus on stroke, sci. Don’t waste time on msk or emg (unless you haven’t done one since training). Esoteric questions. The ones that are easy are super easy, some others are a toss up. No peds. You could study for 6 months or 1 week and it wouldn’t matter. Basically just re affirms the idea that they just want our money. Thinking about joining NBPAS and giving the ABMS the middle finger..

Reactions: 2 users
Just took this am. Stupid test. Doesn’t really test anything if you ask me. Focus on stroke, sci. Don’t waste time on msk or emg (unless you haven’t done one since training). Esoteric questions. The ones that are easy are super easy, some others are a toss up. No peds. You could study for 6 months or 1 week and it wouldn’t matter. Basically just re affirms the idea that they just want our money. Thinking about joining NBPAS and giving the ABMS the middle finger..

yup. totally agree

you have ten years till then next one, maybe times will change. dont count on it, though

Waste of time and money. Moreover, it's shameful that ABPMR promotes this useless money-grab without any stakeholder or member input.

So many leader's in organized PM&R staked their claim on rolling this out and have since lost credibility among a whole cohort of PM&R graduates/diplomats. When you carve out one cohort of diplomats from another by issuing lifetime certificates to some and not all, you create de-facto winners and losers. They will never be able to claim a high ground or any evidence to support that decision.

Vote with your feet:

National Board of Physicians and Surgeons - Board Certification

Reactions: 1 user
I will be taking the PMR recert in Feb and the pain boards in Sept. Thanks for all the responses. This totally blows as I hear they will be doing away with the tests in 2020!

And let me know if you guys have any other question banks you'd recommend. Thanks!

I will be taking the PMR recert in Feb and the pain boards in Sept. Thanks for all the responses. This totally blows as I hear they will be doing away with the tests in 2020!

And let me know if you guys have any other question banks you'd recommend. Thanks!

Doing away with which tests?