Recommend NBME Forms please

Discussion in 'Step I' started by Krazykritter, May 8, 2007.

1. Krazykritter

Krazykritter Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Hi everyone,

I posted something in another thread hoping someone would read it, but I guess not. So....I hear from other threads that Form 3 is most like the real deal. What other form should I buy?? 4? 2?

I am not going to buy all four b/c I'm a DO student who will be taking the COMLEX two weeks before the USMLE so I really don't want to pay $45 a pop & stuff them in to my schedule w/out being able to learn from my scores.

Thanks,

Kritter

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Krazykritter

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
  4. jllander

jllander Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    So I took forms 1-3. I think that the scores you get on each will depend on how far along you are on your studying. I did better on form 2 than on form 1 (by 12-15 points) but I also had one more week of studying under my belt. I got the exact same score on form 3 that I did on form 2. I felt worse about form 3 even though I had studied for an additional week. My real step 1 score was 20 points above forms 2 and 3. So go figure. From all my friends, I heard form 1 and 4 were really easy, form 3 was the hardest, and form 2 was probably the most representative. Good luck!

5. Krazykritter

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Really? I heard that form 4 is the most difficult b/c it has a ridiculous amount of cell & molecular on it which is my weakest subject since it is not emphasized for the COMLEX.

Thanks for the info though...I'm close to deciding on Form 2 & 3 but we will have to see.