Recommendation form with interfolio?

Started by 77kelly77
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

77kelly77

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am planning to use interfolio to manage my letters of recommendation (at the advice of countless people). Does this obviate the need to use each schools recommendation form or do I need to ask all my letter writers to fill out all these extra forms? 😕
 
77kelly77 said:
I am planning to use interfolio to manage my letters of recommendation (at the advice of countless people). Does this obviate the need to use each schools recommendation form or do I need to ask all my letter writers to fill out all these extra forms? 😕

If a school has a specific recommendation form, I would try to use it. For example, I know Yale likes to see its recommendation form from the research references even if their letter is being included as part of a committee packet.

As a side question, I have one reference that is not part of the committee packet (because I started this job after the pre-med committee asked for its applications). Should I have this person upload the recommendation onto Interfolio or can I just have him mail out the recommendation on its own. I dont want to send it with the other letters because its not listed as one of the letters on the committee packet's cover letter. Thus, I think it would be easier (and cheaper) if I just gave him addressed stamped envelopes and had him mail them out along with the appropriate recommendation forms. What do you think?