Recommendation Letter, appropriate?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thelullaby99

RIP
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm doing an undergraduate research with a professor in my university, and he basically gave me a small project to do. This project attempts to synthesize a chemical which might be interesting to feed to a microorganism. I've been with this professor for maybe 2 months of intense meetings, work-ups, lab time, etc. In the last month we've been trying to synthesize different kind of chemical, in a group of two. This one that he gave me, I'm doing it alone, though still in early stage.

Is it appropriate to ask for a recommendation letter from him? I expect to continue working with him in the coming semester.:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Absolutely, as long as you continue to work with him past the 2 months you've already put in and you think he'll write you a good letter!

How were you able to find a lab that gave you your own project so quickly? *jealous*

Absolutely, as long as you continue to work with him past the 2 months you've already put in and you think he'll write you a good letter!

How were you able to find a lab that gave you your own project so quickly? *jealous*

I asked, and he responded although it took some time to set up everything. I used to be skeptic when it comes to asking around, but I did ask around and this professor was the second that I wrote e-mail to. He likes having students participate, and even though I'm doing my own project I feel like I don't know a lot. But it's very nice so far, and I'm learning on the go.

ps. my project is very insignificant probably if compared to those of graduate students.:laugh: