Recommendation Letter, appropriate?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

thelullaby99

RIP
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm doing an undergraduate research with a professor in my university, and he basically gave me a small project to do. This project attempts to synthesize a chemical which might be interesting to feed to a microorganism. I've been with this professor for maybe 2 months of intense meetings, work-ups, lab time, etc. In the last month we've been trying to synthesize different kind of chemical, in a group of two. This one that he gave me, I'm doing it alone, though still in early stage.

Is it appropriate to ask for a recommendation letter from him? I expect to continue working with him in the coming semester.:luck:
 
Absolutely, as long as you continue to work with him past the 2 months you've already put in and you think he'll write you a good letter!

How were you able to find a lab that gave you your own project so quickly? *jealous*
 
Absolutely, as long as you continue to work with him past the 2 months you've already put in and you think he'll write you a good letter!

How were you able to find a lab that gave you your own project so quickly? *jealous*

I asked, and he responded although it took some time to set up everything. I used to be skeptic when it comes to asking around, but I did ask around and this professor was the second that I wrote e-mail to. He likes having students participate, and even though I'm doing my own project I feel like I don't know a lot. But it's very nice so far, and I'm learning on the go.

ps. my project is very insignificant probably if compared to those of graduate students.:laugh: