1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Recommendation Letter Question

Discussion in 'Pre-Veterinary' started by kat3ros3, Aug 15, 2011.

1. kat3ros3

Pre-Veterinary
    Is a year out too soon to ask for a letter of recommendation from a veterinarian? I've volunteered at a clinic all summer and have formed a good connection with one of the veterinarians. I'd like to ask her for a letter of recommendation, but I'm not applying for another year. I want her to write a letter while I'm still fresh in her mind, especially since I'm not sure when/if I'll be able to go back to the clinic to work again.
    Any advice would be lovely!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. vetme

vetme KSU CVM c/o 2015
    2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    you could mention that you plan to apply next year and that you will probably contacting her then for a LOR. I wouldn't make her write it up now though.

4. SocialStigma

SocialStigma OVC c/o 2015
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field], Veterinarian
    I think that would be fine. I stopped volunteering with a clinic at the end of the summer and asked them for the LOR right then (I knew I wasn't going to be returning since I was leaving for school in September), even though the LOR wasn't due till the next March.