Recommendation Letter Quick Question!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

krabbypattychef

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I just have a quick question. My dream school asks that I only submit 2 letters but it does not have a max letter number. I have very strong ones in general. I was thinking of sending one from my dept chair and one from the dean of my closest med school. I am wondering how many should I send to them. These would be the two I send but should I send more if there is no max number? I just want to be very competitive here. Thanks for all the help!

Members don't see this ad.

CA51CC7B-7542-4387-9AA3-21B33AB1BCED.jpeg

I was thinking of sending one from my dept chair and one from the dean of my closest med school. I am wondering how many should I send to them. These would be the two I send but should I send more if there is no max number? I just want to be very competitive here. Thanks for all the help!
How did you become well-known to the Dean?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Guys I have a 3.7 gpa, 3.65 sgpa, 514 MCAT from a mid-UC school. I am ORM from Inland Empire, I have 150 hours shadowing, 100 hours hospital volunteering, 200 hours scribing, 100 hours non-clinical volunteering and 700 hours research. I am also published, presented a poster, expect good LORs and have many academic and service awards.

Hi Everyone,

I just have a quick question. My dream school asks that I only submit 2 letters but it does not have a max letter number. I have very strong ones in general. I was thinking of sending one from my dept chair and one from the dean of my closest med school. I am wondering how many should I send to them. These would be the two I send but should I send more if there is no max number? I just want to be very competitive here. Thanks for all the help!

Yes he definitely did! I am published with him and he wrote me a great letter.
Hi Guys,

I have recently decided on a career changer into physician assistant and would be a non-trad. I have never taken any of the prerequisites required, but have completed a humanities bachelor degree as well as a master degree in bioinformatics. I have done well in these but after shadowing a pa, I am thinking of switching into healthcare. I was thinking of completing all of my prereqs online at Doane or UNE. While, taking classes I will also be working full time. My question is is there anyone on here who has done only online prereqs with these schools and been accepted into a good PA school? Do you guys recommend this path or should i attend a cc/4 year? Also is it better to complete all labs online with these schools or should I do the labs in person at a cc?

Thanks for any help or input and stay safe!
MD or PA? They seem pretty different from each other. I realize MD is not for everyone, but, given your stats, ECs, pubs and LORs, you seem very competitive for at least your closest medical school. So, which is it?

Last edited:
I think for a few extra dollars, you could get Mr. Krabs to write you an excellent LOR ;)

All kidding aside, just send in your two strongest letters. If the maximum LOR count bothers you, contact the admissions office of the respective schools.

MD or PA? They seem pretty different from each other. I realize MD is not for everyone, but, given your stats, ECs, pubs and LORs, you seem very competitive for at least your closest medical school. So, which is it?
Hey thanks! Im applying MD this cycle! That post was for one of my close friends and he asked me to post for him.

Reactions: 1 user
I think for a few extra dollars, you could get Mr. Krabs to write you an excellent LOR ;)

All kidding aside, just send in your two strongest letters. If the maximum LOR count bothers you, contact the admissions office of the respective schools.
Thank you! I will contact them