recommendation letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dent 2009

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could share their letter of recommendations with me. I need to send a copy of an example of a letter of rec to my instructor to give her an idea, but I can't find a good sample of recommendation letters anywhere. So,please help me out if you can!!

Please help me ASAP!!!

Thanks in advance:love:

Members don't see this ad.

To Whom it May Concern;

To all who read this letter, greetings. I recommend the above named student for whatever program this letter gets sent to. I am certain that s/he will excel in this field as I have the greatest confidence in their abilities. The world needs more people like this. Feel free to call me during my scheduled office hours if any clarification is required.

Prof ZZZZZZ

I do no have a letter for you, but you want to make sure that each letter exemplifies all of your achievements, but does not rehash them. For instance, if you did research with a professor, allow that professor to write about the research and how hard you worked instead of maybe another professor that is going to write you a letter who was not in charge of the research. Tell your other professor to write about your personal qualities that would make you a good dentist.

After talking with someone in the admissions office for the COD that I want to attend, she basically said that it's best not to rehash info. They read each piece of information and that if it is repeated in your statement, application and LORs, they will lose interest.

Just make sure that each person is writing about something different and that you write something different from them in your statement and app. Of course mention research/vol./etc, but do not explain in your statement if they are going to talk about it.