Recommendation Letters

Started by kzn
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kzn

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I basically have everything for my OptomCAS application done except I still need one more recommendation. I have two letters from optometrists I have shadowed. One school, ICO, specifically requires two letters: one from an optometrist (I have two) and the other from either a professor or pre-health adviser. During the course of my college career, I never developed a relationship with a professor that would enable me to ask for a recommendation letter, so would it be appropriate to email the pre-health adviser I met with while I was in college. I only met with her maybe 3 times and the last time was maybe a little over a year ago. I graduated from college in May, so would asking her be alright even if I know longer attend the college and haven't seen her awhile. Thanks.