Recommendation Mistakes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

allywally15

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I already submitted my recommendation requests, but I just realized that I made a mistake by listing one of my PT recommenders as Mr. instead of Dr. Is this something I can or should fix?
 
I don't think it'll be an issue. If you're really concerned, I'm pretty sure that you'll have to call PTCAS to delete the recommender and then create a new one.
 
I did the same thing since I asked a close friend of mine who I don't even see her as a Dr. and she had the option to change it when she got the request on her side. You can e-mail your references and let them know that they have the option to change it. I would make sure they correct it since you want the schools to take them more seriously.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am pretty sure the reference can change that, but even if they can't it's not a big deal. From the school side, since plenty of PT's graduated before the program was a doctorate they won't care if a PT reference is a Dr. or not since plenty of great PT's aren't. From the reccomenders side, I've seen very few PT's who were hung up on whether they were called Dr. or not.