Recommendation Requirements

Started by lindap815
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lindap815

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OK, I think I'm in big trouble here. I submitted my application already and paid a lot of money to apply to many schools. It turned out I have to have a science professor's letter, which I don't have. I graduated undergraduate in 2012 and I majored in Math.. so I don't have any close relationships with professors to ask for the letter. I got a letter from my math professor but dental schools won't consider it as a letter of recommendation. I did send out emails to science professors (to the ones I took classes with), but I doubt that they will email me back.
I always got positive feedback when I posted my problems in this forum, but this time I think I'm screwed .. what should I do....
 
Last edited:
I was kind of in a similar situation as I was one letter short and had used up all my reliable sources. Basically I sent an email to every science professor that taught me and just asked if I could meet with them for a few minutes and get a letter of recommendation. Of the 10 or so that I emailed, 1 emailed back and did it even though I didn't know him.

If you live close to your university it may be worth a day trip to try to catch them in person because I'm sure it's a little harder to say no to a person in person than just ignoring an email. Although I was rejected once by asking in person to a professor I hardly knew.
 
I was kind of in a similar situation as I was one letter short and had used up all my reliable sources. Basically I sent an email to every science professor that taught me and just asked if I could meet with them for a few minutes and get a letter of recommendation. Of the 10 or so that I emailed, 1 emailed back and did it even though I didn't know him.

If you live close to your university it may be worth a day trip to try to catch them in person because I'm sure it's a little harder to say no to a person in person than just ignoring an email. Although I was rejected once by asking in person to a professor I hardly knew.

Thanks for your reply. It helps a lot! I'm gonna do whatever I can to get one too..