Recommendations by a DO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

no-see-um

Bindaas
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How and when are they expected to be sent in? I only have 3 sealed envelopes of the recommendation and I'm applying to more than 3 schools. I don't want to bother the doctor to send it out again any more than he has. Also, I want to be able to hold onto a copy possibly for next year. How is this done?

Members don't see this ad.

fruit fly said:
How and when are they expected to be sent in? I only have 3 sealed envelopes of the recommendation and I'm applying to more than 3 schools. I don't want to bother the doctor to send it out again any more than he has. Also, I want to be able to hold onto a copy possibly for next year. How is this done?
So the fruit wants to be a DO. Well, good luck in joining our profession. :luck: :cool:

Generally, applicants have an LOR service where they send in their LORs to it and then the service makes copies of that and sends them to the schools of your choice.

Universities have these services but if you're out of school you might look into setting up an account at www.interfolio.com. You would send your LOR there and they would make copies of all your LORs and send it in a packet to each school.

You should not make copies yourself because you're not supposed to read the LORs so that they remain confidential.

Sharky said:
So the fruit wants to be a DO. Well, good luck in joining our profession. :luck: :cool:

Generally, applicants have an LOR service where they send in their LORs to it and then the service makes copies of that and sends them to the schools of your choice.

Universities have these services but if you're out of school you might look into setting up an account at www.interfolio.com. You would send your LOR there and they would make copies of all your LORs and send it in a packet to each school.

You should not make copies yourself because you're not supposed to read the LORs so that they remain confidential.

heh thanks for the response.
I have nothing against off-shore schools though. Unlike some people. :smuggrin: :horns:

Thanks for the laugh :laugh: