Recommendations for One Year Masters Programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psjeong

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

At the end of May, I applied to some one-year masters programs (for Fall 2010 matriculation) and would like to ask for your opinions on which one would be best for me. I'm also in the process of applying to allopathic (MD) schools for Fall 2011 matriculation. Which of these would you recommend if I plan to study for an MD? I would appreciate any input.

So far, I have only heard back from four of the five schools so far.

The Commonwealth Medical College (TCMC) - Master of Biomedical Science: waitlisted
Georgetown University - Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) - MS in Physiology: Accepted. (this one seems like it would be better for D.O. school preparation. But I think it may be good for the variety in information).
UMDNJ - Graduate School of Biomedical Science at New Jersey Medical School - Master of Biomedical Sciences: Accepted
UMDNJ Graduate School of Biomedical Science at Robert Wood Johnson Medical School - Master of Biomedical Sciences: Accepted
Boston University - M.A. in Medical Science: Still waiting for response.

Please note: I need to let the UMDNJ schools know soon if I will be enrolling with them or not.

Members don't see this ad.