Recommendations for online MBA/MHA program for health admin

Started by menean1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

menean1

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone have any reasonable programs they know of for an MBA or MHA in healthcare administration?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a fourth year DO student that is concurrently getting my MBA in Healthcare Management with the University of North Texas in Denton, Texas. It is not an online MBA, however they have a lot of online courses and so far I have been able to do it all online (5 classes in though). I anticipate I won't ever have to step foot onto campus, and honestly I think if I was in a pinch and the only course I needed was on campus I could probably talk to my advisor and change the courses around to work for me. The cost is very reasonable also, though I am a Texas resident. Texas schools are notorious for low tuition.
 
I am a fourth year DO student that is concurrently getting my MBA in Healthcare Management with the University of North Texas in Denton, Texas. It is not an online MBA, however they have a lot of online courses and so far I have been able to do it all online (5 classes in though). I anticipate I won't ever have to step foot onto campus, and honestly I think if I was in a pinch and the only course I needed was on campus I could probably talk to my advisor and change the courses around to work for me. The cost is very reasonable also, though I am a Texas resident. Texas schools are notorious for low tuition.
Check out the on-line programs at Duke, UNC, and Indiana. All three have excellent reputations in the business world and are generally ranked in the top 20. Vanderbilt is also known as an excellent healthcare MBA program but I don't believe they have an on-line option. Lastly look into Carnegie Mellon's distance MBA program. It may be an hybrid program blending on-line and campus rotations but it is also highly regarded.