recommendations Help ??

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by manutdmax, Jun 2, 2008.

1. manutdmax

manutdmax Accepted PharmD Student

Pre-Pharmacy
    Guys,

I am having trouble understanding the process for submitting my LORs via pharmcas, how do i submit it, does my reference enter it online, should I give him my password and Id to access my account, what If i chose the paper form, do I send it to pharmcas, plzz help thnxx

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. HolyLights

HolyLights Space Monkey

Pharmacy Student
    If you are doing the e-LOR, you just have to put in their information/email address in the references. They will send an email to your evaluator. The email will contain a link and a password that your evaluator can log in and submit their evaluation.

From what i read on PharmCAS, you should try to stay away from paper form if possible. "Paper references take longer to duplicate and send to your designated pharmacy schools."

But if you have to, you have to print out a paper form of reference on your account and give them to your evaluator. Then he/she fills it out and send it back to pharmCAS. Just make sure to follow the steps that they want, e.g signiture on envelope and such.

4. manutdmax

Pre-Pharmacy
    thanks for the reply, I asked my pharmacist to write me a LoR, do you mean there are specific questions on the form that she should answer about me, or she can write just formal paper...

5. HolyLights

HolyLights Space Monkey

Pharmacy Student
    These are the questions that will be on there http://www.pharmcas.org/applicants/evalquestions.htm

Then after that, there will be a small part that she can add in other things, such as other things that she would like them to know about you.

Yeah, i was confused about that for a while too, because I wasn't sure about it. I asked one of my evaluator to write me a formal one, until I found out about it.

6. manutdmax

Pre-Pharmacy
    thanks man, so she will answer these questions only, or she will write these questions in a paragraph format, and where is the part that if she want to add things for me ?