Recommended Classes for different schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jhan17

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a quick question about recommended classes from different schools. I know some school strongly recommend sociology and physiology before applying. As a bio major, I have taken Micro, micro lab, cell, histology, animal behavior, biochem, ecology, genetics as my biology electives, but due to 4 hrs of ROTC classes that I have to take every semester, anatomy or Physiology never really worked out for me. Some non-biology electives include philosophy, micro and macro econ, psychology, French, and bunch other general prerequisites.

How badly would this look to not have any anatomy or physiology? should I consider taking anatomy and sociology during summer?

Please share your thoughts!

Members don't see this ad.

I only took 2 bio classes throughout my undergrad for 8 credit hours total. Got 8 interview offers.

Reactions: 1 user
Adcoms wont hold it against you if you don't have the "recommended" classes
Takes whatever you're interested in.
A&P might be helpful in d-school if you wanna take a class.

Members don't see this ad :)
Adcoms wont hold it against you if you don't have the "recommended" classes
Takes whatever you're interested in.
A&P might be helpful in d-school if you wanna take a class.

Even like ivy league schools or California schools?

What grade you earn >>> What specific science classes you took.

Outside of requirements, take what you're interested in / enjoy learning about and it'll reflect in your grades.

There are some schools on the West Coast that require (or strongly advise pre-dental students to take) anatomy prior to matriculating into their program. You can still get an interview offer without it, but if you were to be accepted at an institution that requires it, then you would have to take that at some point before you start. Having some background in A&P would be very useful going into a DDS/DMD program than any social science electives.

Are UCSF UCLA or USC one of those West Coast Schools?