Recommended online courses/lectures for residents?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gavanshir

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looking for recommendations for online material that can be presented as a single or multi-part lecture for resident didactics.

I'm looking for some good one on MGH's Psychiatry Academy right now, any other suggestions? Doesn't have to be free.

Members don't see this ad.

Gmeded.org - very short (5 min) but informative videos, and nobody will stop you from watching several videos on a topic in a row. I highly recommend these videos to resudents because they're short (so you can watch one or two no matter how busy or tired you are), presenters are legit psychiatry faculty including some big names, and the information is clear, concise and up to date (if interested in going more in depth, you can follow up by reading the references they include). Can't recommend this resource enough.

APA and ACLP also have teaching videos on their websites. Most APA and all ACLS videos are free for registered resident members.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Great resource, will try to find a way to incorporate an activity or two, although I was hoping for more "main-stream" resources.

APA has "SET for Success" which they recommend for residents to hit all the milestones, but it looks like most of the recorded lectures are "expired".

Last edited:
Mmm, I don't know what you mean by "expired". Expired CME credits (as in too late to watch these videos for CME credit)? Probably, but you may still be able to watch them.
In any case, check these out:
- APA on demand videos (all up to date, most are free for registered resident membwrs): APA Learning Center
- ACLP resident curriculum - 13 CL lectures, including ~1 hour videos and corresponding PowerPoints (you need to be a registered student or resident member to access the videos): C-L Curriculum for Psychiatry Residents - Academy of Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry