Recommended textbooks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

#ScopeMonkey

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Starting fellowship in July. Any recommended textbooks to have for fellowship?

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly I didn't do anything and neither did my co-fellows who are honest about it. Probably just focus on completing boards. But since you asked: Yamada or Slesinger are the usual Harrison equivalents for GI. If interested read any beginner endoscopy text, I liked Practical GIE by Cotton and Williams. Acing the Boards, DDSEP etc are good for board review, but way too premature for you.

With that said, the ACG/ AGA/ ASGE/AASLD guidelines are probably the thing I have actually read the most in fellowship. Do with that info what you will.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anything out there similar to pocket medicine for GI?
YES
I cannot highly recommend enough the quantum board review by Dr Ted James at UNC. It is exactly what GI has needed for many years and he has finally done it, it is available on sale at his website for only $10 and the proceeds go to support the foundation in memory of the tragic passing of his baby son, I cannot think of a better purchase for your training careers and cause, and I have absolutely no conflict of interest in fully endorsing this, all you incoming fellows enjoy $10 for a product that is worth many times over

YES
I cannot highly recommend enough the quantum board review by Dr Ted James at UNC. It is exactly what GI has needed for many years and he has finally done it, it is available on sale at his website for only $10 and the proceeds go to support the foundation in memory of the tragic passing of his baby son, I cannot think of a better purchase for your training careers and cause, and I have absolutely no conflict of interest in fully endorsing this, all you incoming fellows enjoy $10 for a product that is worth many times over

Hi. Thank you for sharing this information. The link you shared is not working. Is there a different webpage through which we can get this board review?

Thanks!

Hi. Thank you for sharing this information. The link you shared is not working. Is there a different webpage through which we can get this board review?

Thanks!
The website has been taken down because a portion of the source material was used from the cedars sinai GI board review without permission and hence has been removed