Reconcile

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chrismander

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://www.reconcile.com/

My favorite part? It's a chewable beef-flavored treat. Just...awesome.

Members don't see this ad.

http://www.reconcile.com/

My favorite part? It's a chewable beef-flavored treat. Just...awesome.

Are we allowed to prescribe this? Or do you have to have a vet's license?
Better yet, can we prescribe it for our patients? "Doctor, my kid won't stop pretending he's a dog..."
I remember overhearing something on the news about chiropractors being able to see non-human patients...maybe we could branch out too.

(I actually know two psychiatrists who were vets before going to med school.)

Members don't see this ad :)
I had a lab once that could have used some risperdal. And I'm pretty sure my cat's borderline.

I am convinced my little kitty has some sort of anxiety disorder. I witnessed her have a full-on panic attack once. She also had a stroke a few years ago (2/2 rat poison, made a pretty much full recovery) and had a paradoxical reaction to the benzo we gave her for our cross-country move. It was horrible.

The other cat's just antisocial. Bites the hand that feeds him.

Are we allowed to prescribe this? Or do you have to have a vet's license?

I'm pretty sure you could just buy a stash of it from 1-800-Pet-Meds and give it out to your uninsured patients instead of pharma samples.

That is, until someone found out you were giving non-pharmaceutical-grade medications to humans. After which, you'd lose your license and be reduced to giving psychotherapy (though you'd have to call it "life coaching" i think to avoid further prosecution) to antisocial Rottweilers at the local shelter, just to make ends meet.

I'm pretty sure you could just buy a stash of it from 1-800-Pet-Meds and give it out to your uninsured patients instead of pharma samples.

That is, until someone found out you were giving non-pharmaceutical-grade medications to humans. After which, you'd lose your license and be reduced to giving psychotherapy (though you'd have to call it "life coaching" i think to avoid further prosecution) to antisocial Rottweilers at the local shelter, just to make ends meet.

Is that called "Doing a Dr. Phil"? :laugh: