Recovery from an awful 2 years? WAMC if I recover?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChasingBrisbane

Reaction score
Please point me in the right direction if I have posted this question in the wrong place. You may find my portfolio exceedingly embarrassing, which is why I wish to ask what my future presumptions would lead to in terms of an acceptance or rejection from various med schools.

I am currently in my second year of undergrad in a Canadian university, as a domestic student. I am planning on a 5 year degree. I plan to write my MCAT in my 4th-5th year (hyphenated in case I need to defer the score or retake the exam).

My cGPA so far is approximately 55 (GPA at 1 if standardized), just barely above ACPR. I have figured out why I have destroyed my marks to this point and am able to improve, which is why I still have faith of my abilities and performance in later years. I will be transferring to Microbiology and Immunology (since they only look at select courses which I did well on instead of the overall GPA)

I can bring my GPA to 3.1 if I continually perform well in the coming 3 years, with a fairly reasonable workload. With this being said, WAMC if:

- My MCAT score is reasonably high score (low 520s)
- Considerable improvement is shown in my major
- I possess lab volunteering (lab experience)
- I volunteer in care homes, clubs on campus

Apologies if this is in the wrong place. I'm just lost and honestly would like anywhere to begin.

Members don't see this ad.