Recruiters and Spam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

southerndoc

life is good
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
<begin rant>

I take a lot of measures to protect my email address. I have written all the organizations which I belong to specifically requesting never to release my email address to any third party.

Here lately I have been getting a ton of spam from recruiters.

Do they seriously think anyone will join a group from spam? Any person who joins a group from spam should be executed.

I don't care to get junk mail. It's a cheap way of recruiting to send free spam, tie up my inbox, and cause legitimate mail to be marked as spam (because when I hit the spam button to mark their spam as junk mail, the computer's algorithms sometimes mark legitimate mail as junk).

ATTENTION RECRUITERS: If you want to recruit, do it the old fashioned way. Send regular mail. It doesn't get deleted as quickly and doesn't elicit a hate response from the majority of users.

</end of rant>

Members don't see this ad.

Also stop sending your regular mail to people who clearly don't need it. I'm a fourth year medical student and I don't care how good your locume pay is, I can't work for you for about five years. I'm pretty sure that when ACEP sold you my info there should have been some way to see that I'm a med student, because I know I told them.

Save some trees and stop mailing those of us more than a year away from looking for a job.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have had a couple of recruiters call me when I am working in the ED. Very annoying to get paged to a phone call during a busy shift and realize it is someone cold-calling you about your career goals. The ED secretaries try to screen the calls, but the the recruiters lie and say they are "Dr So-and-So" and I need to speak to the senior resident.