Recruitment letters.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dave613

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Has anyone here gotten recruitment letters(based on MCAT referral service) for applying to Osteopathic schools? I got an email from Lecom requesting that I attend their open house.

Does this actually mean anything? like does it mean the school wants me?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

These sorts of things are just ploys to sucker more money out of you. There are even worse things, like sending people letters saying that the school would love to schedule a person for an interview, and to go ahead and finish a secondary application.

mj1878 said:
These sorts of things are just ploys to sucker more money out of you. There are even worse things, like sending people letters saying that the school would love to schedule a person for an interview, and to go ahead and finish a secondary application.

I agree with mj for the most part. However, if a school says they want to schedule you for an interview, I think they are serious. I could be wrong though.

Members don't see this ad :)
I get them too....PCOM's was the best. The beginning of the letter looked like they were offering me an interview, and then it was just a big advertisement.
I talked to PCOM admissions about it, and it has nothing to do with your application status or chances of getting in, they are generic emails sent to all MCAT takers