Red Bull

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smilinh

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hear all this talk about red bull being bad for you....can someone elaborate on why? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
AndyMilonakis said:
red bull kills people.
But, but...red bull gives you wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiings....

yes it gives you wings to fly into heaven after it kills you.

AndyMilonakis said:
yes it gives you wings to fly into heaven after it kills you.
Ohh, so that’s what the “wings” thing is all about!

So what is wrong with it? It seems to just be a can of sugar.

Ok from their website....

Taurine 1000mg
Glucuronolactone 600mg
Caffeine 80mg
Niacin 20mg
B6 5mg
Pantothenic Acid 5mg
Vit B12 0.005mg

Glucose 5.25g
Sucrose 21.5g

I have personally had some... Honestly don't consider it a "dangerous" substance. A can of coke has about 35mg of caffeine.....
I have also tried "Amp" mt. dew's version of it...

it is a lot of sugar but there is also sugar free!

it is probably not a good thing to increase HR if you have prior conditions.

Other than the fact that it's one of the more vile substances I've tasted in my life? Nothing, unless people take the 'wings' thing too literally and start jumping off buildings...

red bull only kills if you try swallowing the can and choke, or if you smash the can onto your head fifty times even though you're bleeding to death...the drink is dangerous.

dqkt said:
red bull only kills if you try swallowing the can and choke, or if you smash the can onto your head fifty times even though you're bleeding to death...the drink is dangerous.

haha...i guess that makes everything dangerous. If that's the case, I better be careful with the water...I might accidently swallow the bottle.

you may have come across something that is making connection to red bull and drinking or the use of popular club drugs. many people think red bull taste good with Jager, or other assorted liquers. as far as the club goes I don't really go so I can't say much for sure but I think there could be a conection with the use of GHB or some other real nasty stuff that is giving red bull a bad name

smilinh said:
haha...i guess that makes everything dangerous. If that's the case, I better be careful with the water...I might accidently swallow the bottle.
you could also deplete your electrolytes ;)

bananaface said:
It tastes great mixed with vodka. People are all freaked out that mixing a depressant and a stimulant together is bad. But, when it comes to rum and coke, nobody gets worked up.
This is true but most of the people that I know that drink Redbull and vodka usually wake up with bad hangovers the next day. I have one friend who knows that if she drinks that she's going to feel nasty in the morning, of course she does anyways. Of course not everyone gets like this but I know people who will have just one and feel like crap in the morning. And most of them can drink lots of anything else and never feel anything. But that's just what I've seen. I personally haven't mixed the two, but I do enjoy some sugar free Redbull!